[CentOS] Self-signed certificates

Thomas E Dukes edukes at alltel.net
Tue Jan 24 01:44:49 UTC 2006

Exactly!!!  Couldn't have said it better!  They must be paying off some
folks some big bucks to have their names on a list browers recognize without
causing the "Security Alert".

I'm not trying to be cheap but this is a crock!  128 bit is 128 bit!
Browsers should be able to recognize the encryption method, not the name.  I
mean, that's what its all about.

> fnal.gov even has a tutorial of sorts incorporating simple
> globbing into their ssl certs
> (http://www.fnal.gov/docs/products/apache/SSLNotes.html).

I'll check it out.

Thanks!!