[CentOS] freenx

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 03:19:53 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 20:53, Craig White wrote:

> and by the way...2 things really bother me but since I can't make it
> work as it is, I'm not changing them...
>
> 1 - there is no /etc/nxserver/node.conf #only node.conf.sample

That's normal.

> 2 - the pub key I listed above apparently is the one distributed with
> the binary and that would seem to be a security issue

It is only used for the initial connection so the real login
and password are sent over an encrypted channel.  You can't
do anything else with the nx user login - and you could
generate new keys if you wanted.  But, you should be seeing
sshd[18876]: Accepted publickey for nx ... entries in
/var/log/secure if the key is working.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com