[CentOS] freenx

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Jan 24 04:48:09 UTC 2006

> On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 22:06, Craig White wrote:
>
> > > I think you have a problem with the client or key.  If I alter
> > > the key I don't see any log entry for the failure.
> > ----
> > I might be inclined to agree with you but
> >
> > #
> > diff /etc/nxserver/client.id_dsa.key /var/lib/nxserver/home/.ssh/client.id_dsa.key
> > [root at srv1 nxserver]#
>
> I'm not quite sure what you are comparing here.  The installed
> key on the client ends up in
> $HOME/.nx/config/server_name.nxs along with some other stuff.
> It's text - compare the key entry to the current one on
> the server in /etc/nxserver/client.id_dsa.key.
>
> > I find it hard to believe that anyone actually has made it work.
>
> I've had no problem other than having to paste the correct
> key for each server and having some sessions that look like
> they should resume but won't.  I've only run the client on
> FC1 and windows and the server on Centos and FC4.  Maybe
> there is something odd about a client on FC4.
----
made a great deal of sense to me...

downloaded and installed nxclient on my WinXP desktop

opened up putty, connected to srv1 and copied contents
of /etc/nxserver/client.id_dsa.key to the key inside of the nxclient
application configuration on the Windows system and then checked the
'enable SSL encryption for all traffic' (just like I did for nxclient on
Linux) and had the same connection issue and of course, nothing logged.

The issue has to be with the freenx package.

Craig