[CentOS] freenx

Paul Schoonderwoerd paul at pollux-it.nl
Tue Jan 24 12:29:05 UTC 2006

This is what worked for me on CentOS 4.2:

I followed the advice on Rick Stout's page after reading about problem's
earlier with the CentOS freenx and nx packages:
http://fedoranews.org/contributors/rick_stout/freenx/
and downloaded these packages from that site:

nx-1.5.0-4.FC3.1
freenx-0.4.4-1.fdr.0

Then, for testing I installed the Linux nxclient package from the
nomachine.com site (nxclient-1.5.0-135) on the same system (server), imported
the key and was able to connect and start a second X desktop. (This messes up
some groupsettings on files in your home-dir so better use a testuser
account.

I'm not sure if this will solve anything because at first I tested with the
CentOS packages but with an older client and without importing keys (which
should work with the included key from Nomachine.com, but didn't). Does
anybody know how to get this working on CentOS ? It does work when trying to
connect to a Knoppix-booted  'nx terminal server' system. It needs a system
(default knoppix) user though.

Paul

On Tuesday 24 January 2006 10:41, Maciej Żenczykowski wrote:
> >> Doesn't that file exist?  Or is this really a SELinux access
> >> error?
>
> # ls -Zald / /var /var/lib /var/lib/nxserver \
> /var/lib/nxserver/home /var/lib/nxserver/home/.ssh \
> /var/lib/nxserver/home/.ssh/authorized_keys2
>
> drwxr-xr-x  25 system_u:object_r:root_t         root root /
> drwxr-xr-x  31 system_u:object_r:var_t          root root /var
> drwxr-xr-x  29 system_u:object_r:var_lib_t      root root /var/lib
> drwx------   4 system_u:object_r:var_lib_t      nx   root /var/lib/nxserver
> drwx------   4 root:object_r:var_lib_t          nx   root
> /var/lib/nxserver/home drwx------   2 root:object_r:var_lib_t          nx
> root /var/lib/nxserver/home/.ssh -rw-r-----   1 root:object_r:var_lib_t
>      nx   root /var/lib/nxserver/home/.ssh/authorized_keys2
>
> Make sure all the permissions are correct...
>
> Cheers,
> MaZe.

Paul Schoonderwoerd
Pollux IT - Open Source & Netwerkbeveiliging
tel: 0294-283832
http://www.Pollux-IT.nl