[CentOS] Upgrading samba past the regular packages

Matt Morgan

minxmertzmomo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 03:19:44 UTC 2006

Despite Craig's excellent help with my Excel/Samba, I continue to have
trouble with Samba 3.0.10 under CentOS 4.2. Quickbooks, now, too, is
just acting really weird.

I'm tempted to upgrade beyond the regular packages, although I really
don't like to do that, because the samba list and a lot of info online
lead me to believe that 3.0.11+ fixes these issues.

What's the best way to use something newer than the regualr packages?
Does someone out there have a CentOS repo with a newer samba? Should I
just use the Fedora packages?

Thanks,
Matt