[CentOS] Volume of patches for CentOS vs Fedora

Steve Bergman steve at rueb.com
Fri Jan 27 11:00:59 UTC 2006

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:

>RHEL only gets security updates between update releases. Since RHEL
>update releases correspond to CentOS minor versions,
>non-security-related updates usually only occur once every 3 months and
>in one fell swoop, not piece-by-piece as in Fedora.

Thank you.  So, am I correct in saying that every 3 months, the packages
in the updates repo get moved to the new main repo, replacing the old
versions, plus bug fix releases get added to the main repo at the same
time.  Then the updates repo starts off empty again and new packages are
issued to it for security reasons only?

-Steve