[CentOS] gfs performance

sophana sophana at zizi.ath.cx
Fri Jan 27 22:10:30 UTC 2006

I haven't tried gfs yet, but did you simply test simultaneous access to
the same local disk (without gfs) by 2 separate processes: generally
peformance drops because of disk seek time (the reason is mechanical)
Disks always have much lower performance when shared between 2 processes
on the same machine or 2 processes on separate machines (it is the same
as having a dual cpu)

This is just an idea... not very sure if this is your problem.