[CentOS] php-ldap can't log on with browser

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sat Jan 28 00:35:59 UTC 2006

Am Sa, den 28.01.2006 schrieb Kai Sandsengen um 1:22:

> >>I can't log on to my ldap server port 389 with my browser. service seems
> >>to be running.

> > Big question mark. What do you expect from trying to speak HTTP with the
> > OpenLDAP server? I don't see what kind of sense that would make. Use
> > `ldapsearch' or whatever tool from the LDAP clients software to interact
> > with the LDAP server.

> I assumed that phpldapadmin was installed since I have a program called
> php-ldap. And therefore tried to contact phpldapadmin. I used port 389
> because i cant find any info within the doc.

O, I see :) No, you are on the wrong path: php-ldap is not phpldapadmin!
It (php-ldap) is just the module for PHP to use LDAP functions within
PHP code.

http://centos.karan.org/el4/extras/stable/i386/RPMS/repodata/repoview/phpldapadmin-0-0.9.7.2-2.el4.kb.htm

You should use that repository and install phpldapadmin from there.

> This gui works very well with my debian server.

It works on CentOS fine too.

> I think my problem is within the httpd.conf.

No, it is most certainly not. Given you follow the advise to install the
phpldapadmin RPM from centos.karan.org you need to configure
/etc/phpldapadmin/config.php with your specific server information, as
well /etc/httpd/conf.d/phpldapadmin.conf.

Alexander

Serendipity 01:30:53 up 54 days, 6:08, load average: 0.24, 0.31, 0.36