[CentOS] CentOS 4.2 Mouse Tracking Unstable SOLVED

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Jan 28 03:07:47 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-27 at 18:57 -0800, Charles Sliger wrote:
> And we have a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> Thank you Craig!
>
> psmouse.proto=bare
----
I think Alexander Dalloz offered the suggestion before I did. He is one
of the more knowledgeable people I have seen on any list.
----

> I tried 5 other solutions that had no effect, but this works great.
>
> Just so you know I'm not completely clueless, I was aware of the need to
> reboot to test the kernel parameters.
----
I was just making sure.
----

> As far as the Belkin switch being of the cheap variety, far from it.  This
> unit cost around $400.00 several years ago and has been rock-solid with all
> systems until this Centos 4.2 install. (my first 2.6.x kernel system)
----
I didn't call them cheap. I have one that does USB, sound, etc. but
still the issue seems central and peculiar to Belkin. This one was sent
to me for free by Belkin to replace their earlier version which worked
very poorly. I give them credit for responding to my email (perhaps
about 3 or 4 months later) and sending me the new KVM for free.
----

> My question regarding the Ubuntu solution below had to do with the fact that
> /etc/modules does not exist on the CentOS system.  I assume it resides
> somewhere else in the filesystem.

----
I believe what you are referring to is /etc/modprobe.conf. Earlier
versions of RHEL/CentOS/FedoraCore < 3 called it /etc/modules.conf and
RHL =< 9 called it /etc/conf.modules (going back into my very faulty
memory banks).

Craig