[CentOS] [Offtopic] tinydns -some help needed

Alexandru E. Ungur alexandru at globalterrasoft.ro
Sat Jan 28 16:18:39 UTC 2006

>>> sender: "Benjamin Smith" date: "Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 04:33:58PM -0800" <<<EOQ
> [stuff deleted]
> If you want bind managed easily, Webmin is a good bet for making it "idiot
> proof".
No thanks. If I want to screw up bind's (or any other program's for that matter)
configuration files, I can do that by hand, don't need Webmin to help me :)

> Sorry - I once was sold on the idea of djb's tools and Qmail, and I've
> regretted installing it ever since. Save yourself some serious agony - run
> (don't walk!) away from djb-ANYTHING!
I don't know what problems you had with it, but I'm hapilly using it on about
20 servers (both djbdns and qmail) and never had a problem with it. I'll remember
your advice when I'll encounter my first problem, though I may just as well read
the docs again when that happens... :)

Cheers,
Alex