[CentOS] pgadmin3

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Jan 29 19:34:58 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-29 at 10:20 -0800, Ben Mohilef wrote:
> > On 1/28/06, Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:
> > > Anyone been able to get pgadmin3 installed on CentOS-4 ?
> > >
> > > The WxGTK2 stuff makes it impossible for me to get installed from
> > > RPM/SRPM from their site and likewise, couldn't rebuild from Fedora
> > > SRPMS either.
> > >
> > > I figure between Jim and Owen and ???, somebody might have succeeded
> > > where I would be doomed. I can get around with phppgadmin but pgadmin3
> > > is pretty cool.
> >
> > I haven't really put any effort into building it, because... well, I
> > don't use postgresql and no one requested it. I suppose I could kick
> > it around a bit tomorrow and see what happens. No promises though.
> >

> > --
> > Jim Perrin
> > System Architect - UIT
> > Ft Gordon & US Army Signal Center
> >

> The wxGTK rpm's for el4 are available from the dries repositary or any of
> its mirrors (the Nov 26 build). I recall that to install the wx rpms a couple of
> other libraries were needed which came from the dag or dries repositary.
> It's been a while since I installed pgadmin3, so I don't remember which
> libraries they are.
>
> The source rpm is also there should someone want to customize and
> repackage it.
>
> I can't access the laptop with RHEL4 and pgadmin3 on it until later next
> week at which time I will look for the dependencies associated with the
> installation.
>
> Hope this helps.
----
rpmforge (I presume this is what you are referring to with Dries' wx
rpm's) is wxGTK-2.4.2-5.2 and pgadmin3 source rpm's clearly want
wxGTK-2.6.x

so unless I were to locate a much older version of pgadmin3 that might
have satisfied itself with wxGTK-2.4.2 - I cannot build.

Of course, I am willing to learn new tricks...

Thanks

Craig