[CentOS] Creating my own YUM repository

Robert Moskowitz

rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Jan 30 16:12:39 UTC 2006

I have already 6 Centos machines here and it is getting strange
having to pull down updates to each system.

Seems like I should set up one system to pull updates and then all
other systems to point to it.

How?

Plus then I would want to add to this repository.

Say that a number of my systems use tomcat which is only available
via rpm.  I would like to be able to add it to my repository, and if
even manually, to keep it current.  This way, when I build a new
system, after the build I would do a yum update (from my server),
then a yum install of all of the extras that particular system needs.