[CentOS] Creating my own YUM repository

Leonard Isham leonard.isham at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 16:29:36 UTC 2006

On 1/30/06, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
> I have already 6 Centos machines here and it is getting strange
> having to pull down updates to each system.
>
> Seems like I should set up one system to pull updates and then all
> other systems to point to it.
>
> How?
>
> Plus then I would want to add to this repository.
>
> Say that a number of my systems use tomcat which is only available
> via rpm.  I would like to be able to add it to my repository, and if
> even manually, to keep it current.  This way, when I build a new
> system, after the build I would do a yum update (from my server),
> then a yum install of all of the extras that particular system needs.

Yam, available from DAG, would get you started faily easily increating
an internal repository for yourself.  I believe that there is a
createrepo or repobuild for creating your customized repository for
self created rpms or rpms that do nat reside in any repositiry.

--
Leonard Isham, CISSP
Ostendo non ostento.