[CentOS] Junk mail filtering in Evolution

Tue Jan 31 02:42:21 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 16:11 -0600, Steve Bergman wrote:
> I'm upgrading a few clients to CentOS 4.2.  They have been using
> Evolution 1.x, so this is the first release that will have junk mail
> filtering.  So I've switched from Thunderbird to Evolution on my own
> desktop tp better support them.
>
> I have been dutifully marking the spam and the ham.  But the filter has
> so far not flagged a single email on its own. (I've flagged about a
> hundred so far, so it's had time to learn.)
>
> Is there something in the config that I need to set to get it to filter?
>
> One possible kink is that my own mail account uses imap.  My users will
> be using pop3.

It works fine with pop3 ... I don't use IMAP, so I can't comment on
that.

Make sure you have turned on Junk mail in:

Menu -> Tools -> Settings -> Mail Preferences -> Junk

My Junk box filters about 10-30 e-mails per day ... and misses about 10
others on an average day.

(These are all items that make it through my spamassassin)