[CentOS] OT - Linux NAS for Windows Environment

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 15:43:09 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-31 at 07:42, Ed Morrison wrote:
> I'm looking to find a Linux NAS solution for a Windows network.  Looking
> into FreeNAS and OpenFiler.  Anyone using these or any other solution?
> Any comments/suggestions?

Any linux box running samba will work.  If you want something that
is appliance-like but can supply other services (email, web, ftp,
etc.) if you want them, look at SME server at www.contribs.org.
Version 7 that is in pre-release now is based on Centos but the
administration is all through simple web forms.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com