[CentOS] grub errors after fresh install, partiions with md and lvm

Tue Jan 17 02:59:24 UTC 2006
Keith Morse <kgmorse at mpcu.com>

I've done a fresh install on a new system with 2 SATA drives, Seagate
80GB each.  This is the  first time I've done an installation where I
used software raid to provide mirroring capability to the system.  The
raid is level 1 for mirroring.  I used the installation documention on
RedHat's enterprise site to go thru the installation/configuration for
this.  I didn't receive any errors during the installation, but after
the system boots grub issues the following messages:

grub loading stage1.5.

Error 15

Using the anaconda graphical installer, I've partitioned the drives as
follows:

/dev/sda
/dev/sdb

/dev/sda1   100mb    /dev/md0   /boot
/dev/sda2   76215mb  /dev/md1   LVM VolGroup00

/dev/sdb1   100mb    /dev/md0   /boot
/dev/sdb2   76215mb  /dev/md1   LVM VolGroup00

VolGroup00    76192mb
    LogVol00            swap   2048mb
    LogVol01   /root    ext3   20480mb
    LogVol02   /home    ext3   20480mb

During my research into the error above, it appears as though grub
cannot find the /boot partition to continue loading the subsequent
stages.  I'm hoping to find some general help from the list if possible.

A couple of questions come to mind.  Can grub boot off of a raid defined
partition?
If yes, what magic incantations would be appropriate?
If no,  should I just revert to a bare ext3 partition and don't
implement raid on
  /boot?

Relavant parts of /boot/grub/grub.conf are:

default=0
timeout=5
splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/spalsh.xmp.gz
hiddenmenu
title CentOS-4 i386 (2.6.9-22.EL)
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.9-22.EL ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01
        initrd /initrd-2.6.9-22.EL.img

And this is CentOS 4.2.