[CentOS] vsftpd bug "or" feature ?

Tue Jan 17 17:12:47 UTC 2006
Robert Hanson <roberth at abbacomm.net>

greetings

today i was expanding my knowledge of vsftpd on a low traffic CentOS 4
production environment server i have

fyi, i was working on learning to setup a chroot environment by the simple
editing of /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf

so, as i normally do when i start making changes i did this

cd /etc/vsftpd/
cp -a vsftpd.conf bak-vsftpd.conf

then i made the edits in /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf that i needed to make for
testing a chroot env for some users and saved my work

then i did this

service vsftpd stop
service vsftpd start

and to my amazement when i did a

ps ax

that i saw the vsftpd process had taken bak-vsftpd.conf as it's default
config file and looked something like this

8890 pts/0    S      0:00 /usr/sbin/vsftpd /etc/vsftpd/bak-vsftpd.conf

questions...

known issue?

can anyone duplicate?

is it a bug?????? or a feature???