[CentOS] Virtualization

Thu Jan 26 11:37:19 UTC 2006
Bards1888 <bards1888 at gmail.com>

Hello all,

I looking at setting up some virtual servers on my centos 4.2 x86_64, mainly just to play with the technology.

I tried the latest openvz kernel (kernel-022stab061.1-released) on my centos 4.2 x86_64. It booted no problems and in the main did not seem to slow the machine down (which is nice), all my drivers worked, Raid1 is built into the kernel as opposed to a module for example. There were a few issues namely 1) that kernel does not seem to have nfs support compiled in 2) it cannot loopback mount ISO's and 3) there are no vzyum rpms for x86_64 which basically means you cant build your own templates, if I read it correctly.

Anyways, I'll get to the point now...

does anyone have openvz 64 bit or 32 bit running on centos, or does anyone have xen 3.0 running on centos ?

I'm keen to hear peoples experiences and tips if they have any.

Cheers.

Bards.