[CentOS] gfs performance

Fri Jan 27 21:49:08 UTC 2006
Jure Pečar <pegasus at nerv.eu.org>

Hi all,

Since I've got no reply on redhat cluster list, I'm trying here ...

I'm testing a rhcs4 cluster with gfs. I noticed some poor performance while
tarring data from a gfs volume to a local disk from both nodes at the same
time, so I deceided to have a closer look.

Here are the bonnie++ results: http://jure.pecar.org/gfs/

I don't know what to think of these ... but I doubt it's normal for
performance to go down by an order of magnitude when both nodes are doing
some i/o to the shared file system ...

I'd like to see some numbers from other gfs systems to see if this is
normal and if it is not, how to figure out what's wrong and how to fix it.

Thanks,

--

Jure Pečar
http://jure.pecar.org/