[CentOS] Linux boot floppy to install over net

Tue Jan 3 17:21:45 UTC 2006

At 11:50 AM 1/3/2006, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
>Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
> > With all this going on, it seems to me there MUST be a
> > floppy image that will load the minimum shell (including
> > PCMCIA drivers!) and all over-the-net installs (HTTP, FTP,
> > of NFS).
>
>Nope.  Only 4-6MiB .iso (CD) and .img (flash/removable)
>images.
>Consider those -- e.g., the .img via USB dongle.
>
> > That would really help on one old notebook I have.
>
>Will that old notebook even run CentOS?

Actually we got 3.3 on it at one point, but Oy was it crazy.  My
neighbor is a bit of a skilled at linux builds (a debian adherant)
and he played the games.

And the sole purpose of this system is to be a wireless sniffer/attacker.

Probably I should just stay with centos 3.4...