[CentOS] How to upgrade hard drive in a single drive (with LVM2) computer

Tue Jan 3 20:53:50 UTC 2006
Barry L. Kline <blkline at attglobal.net>

Bryan J. Smith wrote:

> It's best to treat the two sets of discs/volumes as
> different, and never put them in the same system.  Again, use
> CD #1 to boot into "rescue" mode, chroot and run grub-install
> with only the new discs/volumes connected.

Hi Bryan.

I gave that a shot, but I get the error:

/dev/mapper/vg1-sysroot does not have any corresponding BIOS drive.

I double-checked the grub.conf file and everything I'd expect is there,
so I'm not sure what steps to take next.

Let me ask this:  If you were going to upgrade drives from one to
another, would you do what I did or is there another procedure that you
would use?

Thanks for your help Brian.

Barry