[CentOS] Centos locking up system with mptscsih driver error

Thu Jan 5 15:11:39 UTC 2006
Paul R. Ganci <ganci at nurdog.com>

Johnny Hughes wrote:

>On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 06:59 -0600, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>

>I looked at the tyan site and see that the SCSI controller is not built
>on to the board ... so it is a standalone card?
>
>Does it have the latest bios?

Yes and no. I have BIOS 5.11.00 and it appears that there is a BIOS
5.11.01. Of even more interest it appears that there are two different
BIOS. 5.10.03 contains support for integrated mirroring and 5.11.01 for
integrated striping. I will try flashing both the board and the SCSI
controller and see what happens.

--
Paul (ganci at nurdog.com)