[CentOS] Yum out of sync?

Tue Jan 10 03:43:34 UTC 2006
Jeff Lasman <blists at nobaloney.net>

On Monday 09 January 2006 07:15 pm, Jim Perrin wrote:

> Yeah.. ignore the last section of that.. I need to not read two
> mailing lists at the same time. Thought this was on the yum list....
> I'm an illiterate bastard... sorry.

Jim, thanks very much...

On Monday 09 January 2006 07:14 pm, Jim Perrin wrote:

> This is pretty out of date. 3.6 is out now, and 3.7 is in beta.

Yep.  Caused by not being able to run that pesky "yum update"...

> You may have some version mismatch issues, or you may not have a
> properly configured repo for centos.

What we had was a mod_ssl installed from RPM (not from yum) by the
box-owner, who then hired us to figure out why it didn't work.

Here's what I did, in order, to fix the problem, once I figured out that
we had a version mismatch:

<snip>
  rpm -e mod_ssl
  yum update
  cd /etc
  cp yum.conf yum.conf.orig
  cp yum.conf.rpmnew yum.conf
  yum install mod_ssl
  yum update
</snip>

and all is now good.

> Add "%_query_all_fmt %%{name}-%%{version}-%%{release}.%%{arch}" to
> root's .rpmmacros, and run 'yum list mod_ssl' and 'yum list httpd'

I didn't know about the macros.  Thanks!  I don't have an .rpmmacros
file; I presume I can just add it with the contents from above?

> What do you have in your repo sections for centos?

We don't have a repo section in our /etc/yum.config file.  Should we?

Again thanks!

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, Nobaloney Internet Services
1254 So Waterman Ave., Suite 50, San Bernardino, CA  92408