[CentOS] LVM

Tue Jan 10 13:57:26 UTC 2006
Peter Kjellström <cap at nsc.liu.se>

We use LVM directly (LVM whole disk, no partition tables) on top of 3ware
hardware raid on about ten NFS servers (total 35 TiB). Filesystem size (and
therefore LVM lv and vg sizes) are 0.4 - 3.6 TiB. All is well. We are
currently using a non-centos kernel but LVM has behaved nicely on stock
kernel too.

/Peter K

On Tuesday 10 January 2006 03:33, Peter Kitchener wrote:
> How many people use LVM's in their production servers? Are they reliable
> for use in these sorts of systems? I am asking this because i was
> reading the LVM Howto about upgrading discs etc.
>
> Regards,
>
> Peter

  Peter Kjellström               |
  National Supercomputer Centre  |