[CentOS] LVM

Tue Jan 10 19:27:10 UTC 2006
Jeff Lasman <blists at nobaloney.net>

On Monday 09 January 2006 08:49 pm, Sudev Barar wrote:

> However
> people from my LUG have been using it and claim this to be rock
> steady...

Never used it.  Our backup systems use multiple 250G drives (our next
backup server will use multipe 400G drives.  We use multiple homeX
partitions, and we manage what backs up where so this works for us.

My recollection is that if any drive in an LVM fails the whole LVM
fails.

If that's true, then I wouldn't ever use it as it would increas the
failure rate.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, Nobaloney Internet Services
1254 So Waterman Ave., Suite 50, San Bernardino, CA  92408