[CentOS] LVM

Wed Jan 11 08:11:29 UTC 2006
WipeOut <wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net>

Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 13:40, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>
> Is there a simple way to install the system on LVM-on-top-of-RAID1?

Yes, you simply setup the RAID1 array and then use it as the LVM PV..

I use software RAID1 on two SATA drives and then create the LVM
structure on the RAID1 "disk".. Have 3 servers running like this and its
great, one was running out of space in /home but had pleanty free in
/var so I just reduced the size of /var and added to /home.. The whole
process took just a few min..

LVM can also be useful to take backups of volumes where files are
constantly changing by using the "snapshot" feature..