[CentOS] No Mic(Headphones are fine)

Thu Jan 12 15:10:44 UTC 2006
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

On 1/12/06, Mark Sargent <powderkeg at snow.email.ne.jp> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I went and bought a new headset, as I thought the old one,(almost 5yrs
> old), was no good. But, when trying to skype, I still can't be heard. I
> know the sound card worked before, although, it has been some time,
> since I mic'd anything. Anyone got any ideas, other than a possible dud
> sound card(socket)? Cheers.

By default, mics are muted and set to 0 volume. Since you didn't
mention checking it ( I figure you probably did, but it's always the
little things that crop up) I will. Also, if skype has a hardware
setting in it, make sure it's trying to use the right device. Some
webcams have a horrible mic built into them, and if you've got a
webcam, it might be trying to use that microphone instead of a real
one.

--
Jim Perrin
System Architect - UIT