[CentOS] Re: Backup strategy using 2 HDD + 2 drawers

Thu Jan 12 16:53:23 UTC 2006
Maciej Żenczykowski <maze at cela.pl>

> But RAID 1 would require me to remake the partitions on the disks?  I don't
> have room to put the data elsewhere.  I have 117 Go of data on one disk
> (hde).  Could I create the partitions on the other disk, then copy over to
> the other disk (hdg), then create the raid?

You'd need to create a failed RAID1 array on the other disk, create
partitions (probably best to use LVM on top of RAID1) on that, then clear
the new disk, mark it as RAID1 and add it to the failed RAID1 array, wait
for it to sync up, mark the new disk as failed, and shutdown and remove
the disk...

Cheers,
MaZe.