[CentOS] RE: Broadcom NIC Binding under Centos 4.2

Fri Jan 13 13:24:55 UTC 2006
James Pearson <james-p at moving-picture.com>

ABOKHALAF, Nassri Abdellatif wrote:
> Thanks Robin,
>

>>here is a sample. If you want to use tagged vlans it will be
>>slightly different. Let me know if you want a tagged vlan sample.
>

> Followed you samples and team is working just fine now.
> Tested both nics for failover and never lost a ping.
>
> One question : Could you configure both interfaces so you could bind
> bandwith of both interfaces  and still have failover?

Use 'mode=6' as the bonding option - doesn't need any special switch
support.

There are other modes - look in Documentation/networking/bonding.txt
(available in the kernel-sourcecode RPM)

James Pearson