[CentOS] X11 build

Mon Jan 23 15:07:16 UTC 2006
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

On 1/23/06, Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com> wrote:
>  Morning...
>
>  I have a package that I think wants to compile against the X11 source tree.
>  http://openchrome.org - its a snapshot from there....
>
>  Anyway the command it tells me to run is:
>
>  xmkmf /usr/src/xc
>  make
>  make install
>

>  This is to build a updated X graphics driver...
>  However when I do this I get errors as there is not /usr/src/xc (no
> surprise)
>  I did then "up2date xorg-x11-sdk" however now I dont know where the
>  "xc" directory might be.
>
>  Have I not done the right steps yet?
>
>  Thanks for any suggestions.

There are src rpms for available on that site for fedora core 3 and
fedora core 4. What you want is not in centos, and you'd probably be
best off rebuilding from their src.rpms

With all the system mods you seem to be doing, it feels like you're
trying to shoehorn a server distro into very modern/unsupported
hardware? Are you sure you've picked the right distro for the job, or
are you simply trying to locate a larger hammer with which to pound in
screws?

--
Jim Perrin
System Architect - UIT