[CentOS] Two ethernet adapters and more

Mon Jan 23 22:29:55 UTC 2006

Craig, you are always such a wonderful source of help.

At 05:14 PM 1/23/2006, Craig White wrote:
>On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 16:57 -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> >
> > So question #1 is how to use netconfig to setup eth1 without
> messing with eth0.
>----
>don't know - never used it.
>
>try...
>
>cd /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts
>cp ifcfg-eth0 ifcfg-eth1
>
>and then edit ifcfg-eth1 to your liking

VI here I come!  At least now I know which files to work with.

>----
> >
> > #2)     NETCONFIG did not setup my hostname and domain.  I had to go
> > in with VI to resolv.conf and sysconfig/network.  Is there a tool for this?
>----
>simply edit /etc/sysconfig/network
>
>change the hostname to anything you want it to be - suggest that you
>make sure this entry also exists in /etc/hosts
>
>Also when using 2 eth devices per above, set the gateway address here...
>
>GATEWAYDEV=eth0 # fix for your situation
>GATEWAY=ip_addr_of_gateway

Do these go in sysconfig/network  ?

> > #3)     How do I figure out which board is which.  Other than looking
> > at the MAC address and using PCISNIFFER to then relate that to one of
> > the boards (well, one 'builtin').  Also how do I determine which
> > board is using which IRQ.
>----
>dmesg|less
>
>or
>
>lspci -vv

The later has given me somethings to work with.  Plus also some help
on moding the zaptel config files from some wiki stuff I have seen on
zaptel clones.