[CentOS] freenx

Mon Jan 23 22:53:18 UTC 2006
Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>

> On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 16:35, Craig White wrote:
> > installed freenx server on CentOS 4 server
> > installed nxclient from nomachine.com on workstation
> >
> > so far so good.
> >
> > following directions from web site...
> > http://fedoranews.org/contributors/rick_stout/freenx/
> >
> > where I tried both /etc/nxserver/client/client.id_dsa.key
> > and /var/lib/nxserver/home/.ssh/client.id_dsa.key
> >
> > copied them to my workstation and then used the 'import' function in
> > nxclient to import the keys and try to connect and always get the
> > following detail when I failed to connect...
>
> Try pasting the text from /etc/nxserver/client/client.id_dsa.key
> into the nxclient key window and saving it instead of using
> the import function.
----
that actually got me a lot further...I get 'authentication failed for
user craig'

So back on the server, I tried...

nxserver --adduser craig

this seemed to create /home/craig/.ssh/authorized_keys2

nxserver --passwd craig

and set the password but still get the same 'authentication failed for
user craig'

???

Craig