[CentOS] freenx [SOLVED]

Tue Jan 24 16:02:32 UTC 2006
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 09:25, Craig White wrote:
> but sshd on CentOS 4 doesn't look there.
>
> so I merely
>
> cd /var/lib/nxserver/home/.ssh
> cp authorized_keys2 authorized_keys
> chown nx authorized_keys
>
> et voila - login
>
> Thanks for everyone's help
>
> I can't believe that people didn't stumble into this installing freenx
> on CentOS as it simply cannot work out of the box without doing this or
> some other change in /etc/ssh/sshd_config

I'm pretty sure I have not changed anything related to sshd_config
or the freenx setup, and mine has no authorized_keys and after a
login I can see the access time has changed on
/var/lib/nxserver/home/.ssh/authorized_keys2.
# rpm -q openssh
openssh-3.9p1-8.RHEL4.9
# rpm -q freenx
freenx-0.4.4-1.centos4
I may have installed earlier versions and updated on this machine but
I doubt if that matters.  I'm still curious about that strace showing
that /var/lib/nxserver/home/.ssh/authorized_keys2 did not exist from
the app's perspective.  Strace doesn't lie.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com