[CentOS] HP NetServer LC2000r and LH6000r install woes [SOLVED]

Tue Jan 24 17:02:59 UTC 2006
Steve Huff <shuff at vecna.org>

On Jan 20, 2006, at 12:03 PM, Craig White wrote:

> ----
> http://www.tuxyturvy.com/blog/index.php?url=archives/4-Installing-
> RHEL4-on-Systems-with-Legacy-Megaraid-Drivers.html&serendipity
>
> No guarantees that this is you ticket but I found it to work for me.
>
> You would have to adjust slightly for CentOS 4.2 because it uses a
> different kernel and watch my notes at the bottom for CentOS
> because it
> boots i586 kernel from CD.

these instructions work like a charm!  thanks!  i'm up and running
now, and i feel confident that i can keep pace with future kernel
upgrades.

it turns out that the CentOS ServerCD uses a 686 kernel, which
simplifies the procedure further.

i'll see if i can package the old megaraid driver as a RPM; seems
like it would be useful to have in centosplus (or maybe even wrapped
into the unsupported kernel).

-steve

---
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an
improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v