[CentOS] freenx

Tue Jan 24 22:34:28 UTC 2006
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 15:57, Maciej Żenczykowski wrote:

> I've read through the thread you provided and I'm not convinced.  Indeed
> it still seems like a bad design decision to me.  Why isn't the normal ssh
> authentication good enough for NX?

I think the idea was to have a minimally-privileged program that
can't do anything but provide a tunnel.

> And if there is some need for a
> different authentication than it should still - also support normal ssh by
> default for all the other cases - like mine - where it's not needed.

That's probably possible if you want to work at it.  I don't see
why all the components of the server couldn't run as you if you
trust them not to delete your files - unless sessions for different
users share a cache of some sort.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com