[CentOS] CentOSPlus: What happened to Postgresql?

Thu Jan 26 02:47:43 UTC 2006
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

On 1/25/06, Benjamin Smith <lists at benjamindsmith.com> wrote:
> If you don't mind me asking, what's the effective difference between the
> fedora packages, and the ones officially distributed at postgresql.org?
>
> Is there "extra mojo" that the fedora packages have added?
>
> -Ben

Kinda. If you grab the src.rpm and take a look you can see exactly
what they do. The rpm cleans it up for better distro integration,  so
things "Just Work" when you get it. There's a pam auth file, bash
integration scripts, some patches to work properly in the
redhat/fedora environment, initscripts, stuff like that. By the way,
the new packages should be up now.

--
Jim Perrin
System Architect - UIT