[CentOS] tinydns -some help needed

Fri Jan 27 21:13:28 UTC 2006
Kai Sandsengen <centos.newsgroup at sandsengen.com>

Alexandru E. Ungur wrote:
>>>=server1.test.example.net:192.168.1.102:86400
>
> Simple. Because you did not set an IP address for test.example.net.
> You should add this to your data file:
>
> =test.example.net:192.168.1.102:86400

Thank you, ended up blind, where a little confused about the service vs
publishing addresses, was afraid to cause conflict. Most sample configs
are stuffed with ip's. and I am testing one machine with 2 nic's.

>>>2. I am behind a firewall/router and have dynamic ip address from my
>>>isp. Can I set up the name server to be dynamic or how can I solve this
>>>by routing?
>
> Services like those offered by no-ip.com or dyndns.com might be better
> suited for this kind of setup.
The service I am setting up has actually a domain name from dyndns,
since there are no problem with the routing towards my machine I am only
setting up a local  dns.
Needed to get this working.

I assume that dyndns are delegating the responsibility by default?

> Hope it helps,
> Alex
Yes it help me very much, thank you