[CentOS] php-ldap can't log on with browser

Fri Jan 27 23:50:57 UTC 2006
Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org>

Am Fr, den 27.01.2006 schrieb Kai Sandsengen um 22:40:

> It has been some posting about this issue, but I cant find a solution
>
> I can't log on to my ldap server port 389 with my browser. service seems
> to be running.

Big question mark. What do you expect from trying to speak HTTP with the
OpenLDAP server? I don't see what kind of sense that would make. Use
`ldapsearch' or whatever tool from the LDAP clients software to interact
with the LDAP server.

> I am not running selinux, port 389 are open on both client and server.
>
> Message from browser: Access to this port is disabled for security reasons.

Do you try that on the localhost itself? Did you protect slapd by
tcp-wrappers?

Configure syslog to log facility local4.* and observe the resulting log
file if you want to see what the LDAP server does.

Alexander

Serendipity 00:45:28 up 54 days, 5:22, load average: 0.23, 0.19, 0.18