[CentOS] Unknown Files in /tmp

Sat Jan 28 15:56:09 UTC 2006
Chris Mauritz <chrism at imntv.com>

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Mark Sargent wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> 2 days ago, I used skype on my laptop, which hadn't seen the net
>> before then. I successfully spoke with my mother, and had no
>> problems. Yesterday, I had what I believe was an unauthorized access
>> to my laptop, so, I  changed all passwds on my smoothwall box, and
>> also put the local host onto a new subnet. Today, I experienced some
>> weirdness with skype, where, I could hear/be heard, but, the ring
>> tone for calling/receiving
>
> depending on what version of skype you are using - it might be worth
> while doing a 'downgrade', the latest greatest version of skype for
> linux does not work, they know it does not, and they dont care.
>
> I've been using 0.8.something for a long time now, it works, i hear
> voice. and dont intend to upgrade.

I've also found Skype to be a bit dodgy under Linux.  Sometimes it
works, sometimes it doesn't.  When I really need to use it, I boot up
WinXP on my laptop and it works fine.  As Karanbir noted, they don't
seem to really care what happens on the Linux front so I wouldn't hold
your breath waiting for any fixes if it turns out to be a
version-specific issue.  If it's just a matter of tweaking your
firewall, consider yourself lucky.

Cheers,