[CentOS] resuming FreeNX sessions

Mon Jan 30 15:43:16 UTC 2006
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 09:04, Craig White wrote:
> > I have logged out the the session that did not resume ... and logged
> > back into the server again and had it resume the next time.  This is hit
> > and miss, and the only major issue I have with NX.
> ----
> thanks - I recall Les saying that it doesn't seem to want to reconnect
> to a suspended session when you try from a different host. I played with
> that once and it didn't work for me either.

It may just be failing at random and I associated it with coming
from a different machine or having a different screen resolution.
I didn't try it enough to really nail down the cause.  I've been
running vnc for the times I need long-running sessions where
I can reconnect.  This works with the console session which
I don't think is possible with freenx, but I'd prefer freenx
to vncserver sessions if the reconnect worked every time.  It's
kind of neat to start a vmplayer virtual machine session under
vncserver, then disconnect and interact only with the vm once
the network interfaces come up.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com