[CentOS] Re: Upgrade From RHEL3

Tue Jan 31 21:16:03 UTC 2006
Scott Taylor <scott at dctchambers.com>

On Tue, January 31, 2006 12:53, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Scott Taylor wrote:
>
>> Has anyone experienced upgrading from RHEL3 to Centos 4.2?
>
> Worked like a charm for me on one server, though clean install is always
>   the best policy.  Depends on how much existing content/customizations
> are on the box to make it prohibitively painful to go the clean-install
> route.

Thanks, to all.

I normally would go the scratch way, I always do, but it's becoming a pain
in the butt.  If this simple, server, could be upgraded, that's $350USD
less I have to pay RH this year. =P

I'm going to go with a clean install, over a restored backup and see how
that goes first.  Because if this works, I have other similar servers that
could go this route.

Cheers for all your responses.

--
Scott