[CentOS] CentOS 4.2 Mouse Tracking Unstable

Sat Jan 28 02:39:29 UTC 2006
Scot L. Harris <webid at cfl.rr.com>

On Fri, 2006-01-27 at 21:17, Charles Sliger wrote:
> Getting a new KVM switch will take some explaining.
> The Belkin has not been a problem up until now.
> The RedHat-9 systems and The Windows-XP systems have no problems.
> I would think that since CentOS is RedHat Enterprise, that this instability
> would be causing real pain given that enterprise servers are much more
> likely to be racked and accessed via a KVM switch.
> Is this same instability being seen on the RedHat installs?
> Does anyone know what changed in the mouse handling between 2.4 and 2.6?
> Is it possible to revert to the previous drivers?
> Regards,
> Chaz

There was a lot of discussion on this problem in the fedora lists over
the last couple of years.  I don't think there has ever been a real
satisfying answer.  Most people find one of the psmouse.proto options
resolve the problems or swap out the KVM switch.  The Belkin units seem
to cause a significant amount of the problems.  Actually I don't
remember reports of other KVM switches having this problem.