[CentOS] how to create a local update server.

rance at frontiernet.net

Mon Jul 3 16:34:31 UTC 2006

could someone please point me in the right direction for creating a
local repository for centos updates.

Scenario:  I have one centos server connected to the internet, it
provides ntpd, httpd, and other services to both internal and external
clients (only httpd is serving external clients).

the clients are connected to the first centos server and it functions
as a NAT router for internet sharing purposes.

I'd like to create a local updates repository so that clients only need
to check MY update server instead of the public ones.  I'd like the
option of just being a repository of the "update list" (the list of
packages that are updated), and being a repository of the .rpm files
themselves.