[CentOS] Remaster CentOs Live CD

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Wed Jul 5 06:22:53 UTC 2006

Daniel de Kok wrote:

>> For both of these, we will be happy to entertain changes that people
>> want ... but I don't think it is in our best interest to tell people
>> exactly how to build replacements for those, do you?
>
> Why not? Of course, it would not be good if people add their own
> background and dump it on the net. But I can see the use of making a
> custom Live CD. E.g. suppose that you someone would like to provide a
> class of biology students with a live CD that contains some
> domain-specific programs, so that they can run them without having to
> install Linux at home.
>
> Of course, the obvious problem is that some people will mess things up,
> and will distribute broken live CDs to others with the CentOS logos
> still in there.

	If anyone is really interested in remastering their own CDs it only
takes about 3 minutes of google to come  up with all the documentation
and how-to's you could ever want.  Believe me, if building your own
distro was all that difficult there wouldn't be four hundred gazillion
different distros out there.  I can definitely understand Johnny's POV
on the subject.  But hell, even _I_ could BMOD (Build My Own Distro) if
I weren't so damned lazy.

	Hey.  BMOD Linux.  Kinda has a ring to it.  If I ever get around to
acquiring a DVD burner of some kind I might take a stab at it.  Or not.
 I really am very lazy.