[CentOS] Strange mouse problems

William L. Maltby BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com
Mon Jul 17 17:23:46 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-17 at 08:24 -0700, Mace Eliason wrote:
> Hi
>
> I asked this question a while back and haven't gotten any response.  I
> have a Microsoft wireless mouse 6000.  It works on all the versions of
> linux I have tried except Centos
> I have tried version 4.2-4.3 and it has the same problems.  I have
> scoured the internet looking for fixes but I have not been able to
> resolve the problem.
>
> The mouse seems to work fine but as you move it over menus it will
> click on its own, and at time even on the desk top causing programs to
> load, menus to pop up etc.
>
> Can anyone help me with this.  I wan't to start using Centos as my
> main OS but this crazy mouse is holding me back.  I can plug in a
> second USB mouse in at the same time (wired) and it works perfect.

I can't help because I have a conventional PS/2-connected wireless
mouse. But I wanted to suggest that if no one replies here, you might
get help from a more general search. Regardless of CentOS or not, often
problems of this nature involve the way a distro is built with defaults
or versions of stuff (not) included. IIRC, USB interfaces require some
drivers for the "human interface"? Anyway, answers *might* lie in a
general googling, on Fedora Core lists, on X.org lists, on USB lists,
etc.

As an example, I understand (IIRC) the the xfs doesn't work with CentOS.
That's because it is not enabled in the standard build. Someone might
have the problem that "it works on all the other distro's I use...". And
if you get the kernel from the CentOS-Plus repository, it will work too
because that one has it enabled (IIRC).

Anyway, don't get help up just because no one here has answered - it
maybe they have none.

--
Bill