[CentOS] Unable to configure squid transparent proxy on Centos4.0

ankush grover ankushcentos at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 11:11:07 UTC 2006

> > Any pointers what can be the problem ?
> The only difference i can see with my configuration is
>
> iptables -A PREROUTING -t nat -s 10.1.1.0/24 -i eth1 -p tcp --dport 80
> -j REDIRECT --to-port 3128
> as you can see i have the -s option enabled, i just wonder if you are
> creating a loop and making squid to go back to himself when "he" wants
> to go for the webpage?
>
> hey,

Thanks for the point. I had given this entry in the iptables before
eliminating this entry with the entry below

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-port 5678

only difference I can see in your command is PREROUTING is coming before
nat. I will try the below and let you know the results.

iptables -A PREROUTING -t nat -s 10.1.1.0/24 -i eth1 -p tcp --dport 80 -j
REDIRECT --to-port 3128

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover