[CentOS] Newer version of Gnome?

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Jul 26 14:19:20 UTC 2006

Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> In Firefox 1.5 (which comes from the 'Installed' repo even though 1.0.8
> is the version on the 4.3 iso), I do not have the choice when saving an
> html page to save the complete page (all images and such in a
> sub-directory) or 'only' the html page.  I had this option on XP.  Of
> course one advantage (but maybe not 'of course') is that I can go back
> and delete this sub-directory and all of the files.  If I did that on
> XP, I also saw the html file get deleted.  XP has them linked so they
> share fate (including copying and moving).
>
> And I cannot figure out how to have a drawer show text instead of
> icons.  And so far I have not found help for that via google searches
> (or answers on the gnome-list).

FF-1.5 and TB-1.5 are being upgraded with CentOS-4.4, i suggest you wait
for that, and if the issue persists, file a bug report. Rebasing gnome
is going to be a non trivial venture.

if you still want to go down the route of rebaseing gnome - try the
garnome build process, it will give you a very new gnome, but wont mess
with the system installed backend.

HTH

- KB