[CentOS] Centos 4.4 ?

Guillermo Garron guillermo.fedora at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 22:27:45 UTC 2006

On 7/25/06, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de> wrote:
> BRUCE STANLEY wrote:
> >    Thanks for the Info.  I may wait and skip 4.3 then.
>
> "Skip" in which way? And why? 4.4 is just "Release 4, Update 4", while
> 4.3 is "Release 4, Update 3". You're not getting anything really new
> with 4.4, upgrading via yum from 4.3 to 4.4 is just as easy as upgrading
> to get security updates.
>
> IMNSHO there's no need for waiting - you'll get CentOS 4 now with 4.3
> and you will be getting CentOS 4 then with 4.4.
Hi Ralph,

I am new to CENTOS i have running RedHat from 6 to 9 until 2000 and
back to linux one year ago with FC4 now i am using FC5 in my Desktop,
and CENTOS 4.3 in my laptop.
Ok, so as far as i understand as soon as CENTOS 4.4 is released in my
next "yum update" since that date, i will have CENTOS 4.4 nothing else
needed?

regards,
Guillermo.