[CentOS] how to let other people know my hostname through IP address

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 01:18:39 UTC 2006

> did you know qmail ,he can achieve this by local software.i guess the
> process of dns reserve is like this:the remote pc first try to get
> information from you if failed he try with your ISP.is this right?
> but i do't know what kind of protocal it ues when remote pc contact
> you,and i think i just need fellow the protocal make some code and then
> i can do what qmail can!
> thanks for any help!

Not to be mean, but you're failing to understand several fundamentals
of how the internet works. You need to read up on DNS.  qmail on your
end will not fix a DNS issue remotely. qmail also uses DNS (although
the qmail author wrote his own implementation of DNS) to figure out
where to go.

In short, no. This will not work. Read up on DNS.

George Orwell