[CentOS] OT: remote power cycling

Shawn K. O'Shea shawn at ll.mit.edu
Thu Jul 27 14:25:03 UTC 2006

Chris Mauritz wrote:
> I'm in a situation where I'm going to have to deploy a rack of servers
> in an unmanned location in another country.  On rare occasions, I've
> had systems that would not recover gracefully from a warm reboot and
> needed the power cycled.  Years ago, I had such a device from APC, but
> haven't needed one in a long time since all my locations are staffed.
> I'd welcome any suggestions from the list.
Ahhh, the APC MasterSwitch. I had a bunch of these at my last job. Some
of the things people have already suggested look interesting though :)

APC still makes the MasterSwitch line too...
http://apcc.com/products/family/index.cfm?id=70
and
http://apcc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=AP9225

-Shawn